- Open the jaws of the Self
Adjusting Locking (SAL) Pliers
- Engage the lock/release switch
(located on the bridge of the SAL Pliers) by sliding
it down. With no prior adjustment, the SAL Pliers
automatically adjusts to the size of the object which your are going
to tighten (or loosen)
- Lightly squeeze the SAL Pliers
jaws around the object (Torsional reinforcement prevents jaws from
misaligning or twisting when jaws are engaging an object.)
- Turn pressure knob - with 1/2 turn
of the knob, the SAL Pliers grip is increased by up to
400% to hold the object securely until it is released.
- After your object has been
sufficiently loosened / tightened, unlock the SAL Pliers from
the object with a reverse turn of the pressure dial knob, then slide
the lock / release switch to the up position.
- Lightly squeeze the handles and the
SAL Pliers will be free from the object.
- Not available in stores